View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012   #167
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Whitney Mercilus - First Round Pick

(on what else he’d like to get in the draft to complement the offseason acquisitions and Mercilus) “Well, that remains to be seen. We had six defensive linemen last year, and we only have five on the team right now, so I mean a guy’s got a chance to play for us there and be in the rotation. That’s a factor, and inside backer. We lost one, but we replaced one. I think we’re pretty strong right now overall. I think our secondary is pretty strong, and our front seven looks good. I’m going to beg for another draft pick, so I’m not going to beg out of that. I think there’s some guys in the draft that we like, and we’ll just see where they are.” [url="http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Quotes-Mercilus-and-Phillips-/cfc93317-17d9-452c-a97c-690d79b93b8a"]http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Quotes-Mercilus-and-Phillips-/cfc93317-17d9-452c-a97c-690d79b93b8a[/U

Sounds like he wants someone to rotate with Antonio Smith and J.J. Watt...
DE/DT Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati

I've been saying for months that Phillips would end up making the first pick...

"I forgot to tell everybody when I signed my contract with Mr. (Bob) McNair, he said that we could get a first round pick on defense every year. That was part of it, too, so it didn’t surprise me."