View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012   #164
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9534 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Whitney Mercilus - do you like the pick?

How many times have the Texans selected a defensive player in round one? I'm recalling David Carr, Andre Johnson and Duane Brown on the offensive side. Did I miss anybody else? That one year they selected two defensive players in the first round (Jason Babin draft).

With all the first-round defensive picks we should have a 1985 Bears or 2000 Ravens defense (an all-time great and dominating unit). Statistically speaking, in 2011 it wasn't far off from being something really special. It's just sort of a "really Texans, really..." kind of pick to me. I'll see how it shakes out.

Whitney Mercilus isn't who I wanted but I will cheer him on.