View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012   #158
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Whitney Mercilus - do you like the pick?

I don't see why Mercilus wouldn't succeed in the Texans defense. He'll have one job and one job only and that's to rush the passer. The Texans won't depend on him to get 15 sacks, he'll be part of a rotation primarily to keep Barwin and Reed fresh.With the loss of Mario Williams, adding a guy like Mercilus could potentially negate the blow somewhat. Wade's defense is simple from what we've all read and heard, so he should come in and contribute right away. I agree that he's not the strongest, but he'll be on the outside and he'll use his speed and motor to get to the QB. I think at #26 this was a good value pick for us because I don't think there were really any true 1st round WRs besides Blackmon.