View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012   #126
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Whitney Mercilus - do you like the pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Last years draft may have been the best defensive draft that Wade has ever had...

That said, it was about the earliest he has picked as well...

Looking back at some of the Cowboys drafts, the players they've gotten defensively haven't been all that. Ware was a Parcells guy if I remember correctly.

The last OLB Wade took at #26 was Anthony Spencer. Hopefully Mercilus is better than Anthony Spencer. Not that Spencer is terrible...But I guess I'm just saying I hope he turns out to be a difference maker.

Spencer may have beeen one of the better defensive picks that Wade made as a Cowboy.
You're making a huge mistake with the logic of this post.

I doubt Jerry Jones gave his coaches as much say in the selection of players as Rick Smith does.

Some people have made comments about Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak thinking they're the smartest guys in the room (which I disagree with) but Jerry Jones is, I think, a perfect example of someone who thinks they're smarter than everyone else.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote