View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012   #123
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Whitney Mercilus - do you like the pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I
The thing that makes me sort of OK right now is that Wade Phillips knows what he wants. And the proof is in Son of Bum's puddin'. If it sits well with Wade, then I'm fine with it. Just have that nagging feeling that Nick Perry would have been a better choice.
Last years draft may have been the best defensive draft that Wade has ever had...

That said, it was about the earliest he has picked as well...

Looking back at some of the Cowboys drafts, the players they've gotten defensively haven't been all that. Ware was a Parcells guy if I remember correctly.

The last OLB Wade took at #26 was Anthony Spencer. Hopefully Mercilus is better than Anthony Spencer. Not that Spencer is terrible...But I guess I'm just saying I hope he turns out to be a difference maker.

Spencer may have beeen one of the better defensive picks that Wade made as a Cowboy.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote