View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012   #88
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Whitney Mercilus - First Round Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
How does he compare to Antonio Smith? I mean, I have never really studied Smith's size/weight/etc...but is it possible that we're drafting a bit of a flex guy who could stand in for Smith when Smith's contract is up? In the meantime, Wade (maybe???) is saying "Oh we can figure out how to get him out there."

Because Smith is going to want to see some "love" from the Texans on his next deal. It's just the game that gets played.
I would not compare them at all. SMith is DE/DT and Mercy is DE/OLB if that makes sense.

I want to stress I am not saying Phillips cannot make him into a terror; just not the guy I expected as OLB #26.