View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012   #21
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Maybe last years draft wasn't all Phillips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Not sure what this has to do with last year. It's documented that Phillips gave Smith a list of players he wanted. And Smith drafted 5 of them.

Credit Smith for actually drafting the players. He did move up to take Harris. But it was Phillips' list he was drafting from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Last years draft was 2011 not 2009.
Did either of you happen to follow the link provided? The article was about the 10 best drafts between 2008 and 2010. I titled the thread the way I did to point out that the Texans have had good drafts before Phillips got here.

I didn't do that to downplay Phillips or overly prop up Smith.

Phillips has definitely been the catalyst for the defensive turn around and a positive influence on the team, as a whole, but Smith is, imho, turning into a rather nice talent evaluator. He's not perfect, but name me a GM who is.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote