View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
With salt generously poured on them... OUCH!!

I'm not sure why draft week would have an affect with regards to people's supposed professed love for Bum. It would really be ashame if this doesn't happen.
Draft week makes it hard to get traditional NFL journos to write about funding this. Because they are otherwise busy. It would be great if some big money underwriter would see this and make it happen, but people are busy with their lives.

I was able to get my little article on the front page of Chron and I tweeted this out. But there's a difference between someone going "Hey, that's cool that someone would make an opera about Bum that Bum supports" then taking 10 minutes to give some stranger your money to make it happen.

Just seems to me that there has to be more than 26 people on the planet who would like even the idea of this, whether they actually like opera.