Originally Posted by mussop
You can't get everything you want. I was happy with the outcome and thought it filled many holes.
26. Shea McClellin, OLB, Boise State. Mario's replacement
58. Mitchell Schwartz, OT Winston's replacement
76. Senio Kelemete, OG/OT Breisel's replacement
99. Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas.
121. Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma State. More quality help for the secondary
161. Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
195. Chase Ford, TE, Miami Dreeson's replacement
233. J.R. Sweezy, DE, North Carolina State Perfect fit for this defense and eventual replacement for Smith
Also added youth, size and speed at WR. Hard to ask for more than that in one draft.
I don't believe Childs will last past the 3rd. It just happened that way in this draft. That said it is possible.
Oh I'm certainly not complaining!! I think we'd all be happy with that draft come the end of the weekend. I just hope you're wrong about Childs not lasting to the 4th!
I do find it VERY interested how the tides have turned over the last month. EVERYONE (myself included) was screaming for a WR at 26. Now it seems that many of us have come to realize that we can stack the D and OL early and find some WR's late with a TON of potential.