View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012   #59
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Pre-Draft Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
You know that Caldwell was the starter in 2012 when Foster led the league in rushing. Yeah he didn't do amazing but he had two high ankle sprains and Foster had a 100 yards in the two games he played and vs th Titans we still had over 100 yards rushing.
First off, THIS is 2012.

When there's been a choice between Caldwell and Brisiel, Brisiel got the starts. Caldwell started 7 games in 2010 but it was because Brisiel was injured. Brisiel started most of the games that year and was "officially" the starter.

Last year, when Brisiel went out, there was a noticeable drop-off when Caldwell came in. That's got me worried.

As you say, it might be that Caldwell is great and that he was just playing through two bum ankles. I know I expected better out of him. But that's what I saw and that's why I'm worried.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote