View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012   #3
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Seven-round mock: Projecting every pick in 2012 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasam82 View Post
I like it, though I would like to see us grab a DE that could replace A.Smith somewhere in the first 3 picks. Have a question though... You commented on my mock that you didn't think there was any way that Childs makes it out of the 3rd, but I see him at 4a (where I had him) on both of these mocks? I hope we land him! If he never hurt his knee I fully believe we'd be considering him at 26.
You can't get everything you want. I was happy with the outcome and thought it filled many holes.

26. Shea McClellin, OLB, Boise State. Mario's replacement
58. Mitchell Schwartz, OT Winston's replacement
76. Senio Kelemete, OG/OT Breisel's replacement
99. Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas.
121. Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma State. More quality help for the secondary
161. Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
195. Chase Ford, TE, Miami Dreeson's replacement
233. J.R. Sweezy, DE, North Carolina State Perfect fit for this defense and eventual replacement for Smith

Also added youth, size and speed at WR. Hard to ask for more than that in one draft.

I don't believe Childs will last past the 3rd. It just happened that way in this draft. That said it is possible.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote