View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012   #40
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1876 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Pre-Draft Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think you're missing something... Derek Newton.

I think the reason they felt comfortable letting Winston go wasn't just about how comfy they felt with Rashad Butler but because of how comfortable they felt with Derek Newton. I think Smithiak is just fine with our OT situation.

If we go oline, I think we're going Guard. Caldwell didn't look good to me last season. Maybe it was because of his injuries, I don't know. But I don't feel great about Smith and Caldwell as our starters.

And I think Smith is laying down a smokescreen. Did he mention TE? I expect to draft a TE somewhere in the first 4 rounds and I doubt Fleener gets past us IF he falls to us.
You know that Caldwell was the starter in 2012 when Foster led the league in rushing. Yeah he didn't do amazing but he had two high ankle sprains and Foster had a 100 yards in the two games he played and vs th Titans we still had over 100 yards rushing.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote