View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012   #33
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Pre-Draft Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think you're missing something... Derek Newton.

I think the reason they felt comfortable letting Winston go wasn't just about how comfy they felt with Rashad Butler but because of how comfortable they felt with Derek Newton. I think Smithiak is just fine with our OT situation.

If we go oline, I think we're going Guard. Caldwell didn't look good to me last season. Maybe it was because of his injuries, I don't know. But I don't feel great about Smith and Caldwell as our starters.

And I think Smith is laying down a smokescreen. Did he mention TE? I expect to draft a TE somewhere in the first 4 rounds and I doubt Fleener gets past us IF he falls to us.
I do not know much about Newton, so yeah that explains it.

Now I'm re-thinking things. Dammit. LOL.