View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012   #24
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No receiver in first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Gonna disagree with you as Poe should be very good in this defense. Rey makes good points. If the nose is taking up two defenders, he is earning his check; any penetration that disrupts the pocket or QB is gravy. Nose is one of the few positions where stats mean little to me. I look for stamina as in Ta'amu who did well in bowl. Drafting a nose also allows Mitchell to move to DE.
That is the reason I would like us to draft a NT as well. I think that Smith could be a cap casualty after next season and Earl would be a great DE. However we cannot agree on everything. That is part of what makes the draft so interesting. I just look at guys who faced superior competition, were game planned for, and had better production despite being less physically gifted. Poe if coached correctly could become an All Pro but I see him as a classic boom or bust prospect. Personally he is a little too risky for my taste given his first round grade but everybody has different opinions. I cannot wait until draft day!!!
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote