View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012   #32
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Pre-Draft Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Bob, Gary and Rick know the fans will CRUSH them (Bob, Gary, Rick) if they had cut Winston and then failed to have a quality, 1st round ZBS-style OL to help Butler/Caldwell. The health and depth of the line is paramount for 2012. Winston, IMO, was cut for piss poor pass pro. A statement is being made that the chances of this team hinge upon Foster/Myers and the quality of guys surrounding them.
I think you're missing something... Derek Newton.

I think the reason they felt comfortable letting Winston go wasn't just about how comfy they felt with Rashad Butler but because of how comfortable they felt with Derek Newton. I think Smithiak is just fine with our OT situation.

If we go oline, I think we're going Guard. Caldwell didn't look good to me last season. Maybe it was because of his injuries, I don't know. But I don't feel great about Smith and Caldwell as our starters.

And I think Smith is laying down a smokescreen. Did he mention TE? I expect to draft a TE somewhere in the first 4 rounds and I doubt Fleener gets past us IF he falls to us.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote