View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012   #31
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Pre-Draft Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
With the departure of Winston and Brisiel, I think there will be sufficient value at 26 for us to justify the pick on an OL. And by saying "value" I mean "need." LOL.

Signing Foster and Myers to new deals was the first half of a plan that inlvoves signing a 1st round OL that makes the Foster/Myers signings as effective as possible. Whatever depth we had on the right side of the line just got promoted to starter roles.

Bob, Gary and Rick know the fans will CRUSH them (Bob, Gary, Rick) if they had cut Winston and then failed to have a quality, 1st round ZBS-style OL to help Butler/Caldwell. The health and depth of the line is paramount for 2012. Winston, IMO, was cut for piss poor pass pro. A statement is being made that the chances of this team hinge upon Foster/Myers and the quality of guys surrounding them.

Now is the time for us to grab a ZBS-style OL like we did when we grabbed Duane Brown.

Fleener is the wild card, like you and everyone else is saying, and for all the reasons you stated. I agree 100% on that.

I cannot see Wade being given a pick in round 1. I mean, it would have to be an exceptionally top-rated guy that they think every team before them failed to take and so we gotta' take him at #26. Kubiak needs groceries pretty bad.
The bolded and the "set your watch by" false start/holding penalties.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote