View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Pre-Draft Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Agree with you about OL over WR. Even though I would like to see Hill @ 26 if he's available. Speaking of picking D.Brown, I would feel much better if HOF Gibbs was making the pick like he did with D.Brown.

The rest of the press confrence was just hyperbole.We're looking at trades/players we drafted last yr are great/going to be great. The scouts have done an incredible job. etc.... typical Rick speak. The proof will be in the pudding. Starting with the draft Thursday night and more importantly how much the Reeds/Harris of the world improve next yr. In addition to how much the draft picks contribute.

According to C-N-D there's no way to know at this time if Schaub is going to be ready for the begining of the season. So when I read that I knew Rick was blowing more smoke up the fanbase collective butts.
Rick is merely sticking to the script about Schaub. That script was made by Rick and Bob and Gary, and they've made sure everyone sticks to the script.

Those guys are good; none of them will crack...and if anybody cracks, it was approved by one of the top guys (By Bob or Rick or whatever). Everything is calculated. To the point that even when they're being honest, you think they're not, and then they do what they said they were going to do...and then you can't know if what you're hearing IS the truth or not. It's all part of their game.

And yes, I think they're THAT dedicated to that shroud of secrecy that they'd work THAT hard at it. Because they damn sure never spent the preceding years looking for better d-coordinators and doing actual work that would've helped faster. LOL.