View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012   #18
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Pre-Draft Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I think Fleener goes Top 20, or will be a pick-by-pick possibility from #21 all the way to us...with somebody giggling all the way to OTAs if they got Fleener past #20. Some national guy had Fleener going to the 49ers at like #30 or whatever they draft at, which is just wayyyyy past where Fleener would fall to.

Fleener is hella' value at 26, IMO. That would be a test for Kubiak to skip a great TE that fits his type of TE style...or to try on an OL at #26 instead.

You've got Fleener at 26, and your speculation of OLB and WR in the next two rounds lines up with what Rick Smith said about OL/WR/LB. Only difference is you have Fleener falling to 26 and Kubiak saying "Aw hellz, I want some Fleener in my diet. Call it in."

I will be happy with Fleener or any OL Kubiak wants. If he goes LB or WR, I might be uneasy about the pick even if I think he did his homework on the guy(s). Just my gut.

EDIT: When Rick says "WR" I read that as Fleener is a TE whom the Texans see playing the TE spot but has WR-type skills like Owen Daniels has. They see Fleener as a WR in TE frame/position. No way would Rick slip and say TE. He's using code. WR = Fleener.
We'll see - I think Fleener will go low in round one with either the Texans or the 'Niners being realistic possibilities. If not, I think he's more likely to drop to the second round than go in the top 20.