View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Pre-Draft Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Rep your way, Allstar. Thanks a million!

Looks like our hunch about targeting/focusing on OL, WR, and LB (as depth) is being proven true by Smith's comments here. He said exactly that.

It'll be OL in the first round, guys. I'm calling it now. The outright release of Winston while at the same time NOT cutting Jacoby Jones is the telling sign for us going for OL at pick #26.

There'll be a Duane Brown guy there, a guy likely not that high on the boards of the so-called national draftniks, who fits the Kubiak style. The Riley Rieff kid from Iowa, or maybe the Cordy Glenn kid. Someone in that sort of capacity, a mauler who is big and mobile and adaptable.

Kubiak will pick his guy and hunker down for WR or LB in round 2.
Agree with you about OL over WR. Even though I would like to see Hill @ 26 if he's available. Speaking of picking D.Brown, I would feel much better if HOF Gibbs was making the pick like he did with D.Brown.

The rest of the press confrence was just hyperbole.We're looking at trades/players we drafted last yr are great/going to be great. The scouts have done an incredible job. etc.... typical Rick speak. The proof will be in the pudding. Starting with the draft Thursday night and more importantly how much the Reeds/Harris of the world improve next yr. In addition to how much the draft picks contribute.

According to C-N-D there's no way to know at this time if Schaub is going to be ready for the begining of the season. So when I read that I knew Rick was blowing more smoke up the fanbase collective butts.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote