View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Pre-Draft Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Rep your way, Allstar. Thanks a million!

Looks like our hunch about targeting/focusing on OL, WR, and LB (as depth) is being proven true by Smith's comments here. He said exactly that.

It'll be OL in the first round, guys. I'm calling it now. The outright release of Winston while at the same time NOT cutting Jacoby Jones is the telling sign for us going for OL at pick #26.

There'll be a Duane Brown guy there, a guy likely not that high on the boards of the so-called national draftniks, who fits the Kubiak style. The Riley Rieff kid from Iowa, or maybe the Cordy Glenn kid. Someone in that sort of capacity, a mauler who is big and mobile and adaptable.

Kubiak will pick his guy and hunker down for WR or LB in round 2.
just for discussion, didn't he say those postions were deep indicating maybe using later rounds for those?