Thread: My dark horses
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My dark horses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Here's probably a good description of Vlachos form Mockingthedraft:

Passing the "eye test" is going to be an issue for Vlachos as he is short and stocky
He doesn't have great athleticism and isn't very fluid
When in space, Vlachos will struggle to keep defenders in front of him
His lack of height helps him stay low and get leverage
He is able to snap the ball and get his hands up all in one motion
That motion allows him to routinely get his hands inside the defender
Vlachos is pesky and once he gets his hands on you it's hard to disengage
He always gets inside hands and does a good job staying low
Vlachos has a natural bend
His quickness off the ball helps overcome his lack of strength and athleticism
He is a very good Velcro player
Vlachos looks to be a good fit for a zone-blocking scheme
He is going to move people off the line but can lock on, turn and seal
Faced top competition in SEC such has Nick Fairley and Drake Nevis.

Note: Fairley was a first rounder last year and Nevis a third rounder.
Obviously, Vlachos had faced several quality SEC NTs and DTs besides those guys.

He also did well against guys from other conferences that were drafted or will be drafted this year.

In the Senior Bowl, he actually played more than Ben Jones - Georgia (both were on the South team) and did exactly what he normally did (against Martin from Michigan and Tamu from Wash) even though Jones "looks prettier".
The two of them got about the same grade from me in that game.
I just don't see him transitioning to the NFL but to be honest, I did not watch him much. I much prefer TBob Hebert LSU