View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SW H-Town Final Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
The guy plays really fast, vicious tackler, takes good angles, super strong and athletic, and scores a 10+++ on all intangibles. He also has a lot of upside and when put in a pro workout regimen I believe he will put on a a good amount of solid muscle. He also has long arms and a great first step. He comes from a small school so he is raw and plays out of control at times. When you watch him you will notice that he plays very very fast, has a nose for the ball, and will just unload on a guy if given half a chance. Some of the hits this guy dishes out are really really nasty. I was hesitant at listing him at 3-4 OLB because I did not see him use any pass rush moves in college. What made me comfortable mocking him as a 3-4 olb was this article, just what I needed to hear. Does not hurt that he can play ILB too.

Arkansas State LB Demario Davis did a nice job during 1v1 pass rushing drills Tuesday. He showcased some power when trying to work the bull rush, could dip his pad level around the edge and had some know how working his hands in order to shed. Hes one of the NFPs favorites and is off to a solid start so far this week. (National Football Post).

He is just on of those guys who you have to make a roster spot for. Watch this video, not for the highlights but just for the beginning and end where he is leading his team. When he throws his hands up at the beginning of the video and the speech at the end....that's what makes a GM sit up in his chair. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=insE7hE_Czs
Seems to be the type that will do well in Phillips system. Power is a plus but I like speed getting past the defenders to disrupt the QB.