Thread: My dark horses
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012   #2
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My dark horses

As far as WRs go, I've mentioned Dale Moss as a dark horse that is rated between 3rd and 6th (this is the rating NFL scouts told him he could go in the draft - through an interview with Moss.)

Another dark horse of mine is Williams Vlachos (Center - Alabam).
I had mentioned this guy since his sophomore year.
He took over Caldwell's place in the middle and the Tide never missed a beat.
Even in his Sophomore year, I thought he was about as effective as Caldwell (in his Senior year).

When I use the term effective, I mean that he doesn't look much, but somehow he still manages to get the job done. The hole he opens is usually there just long enough for the RB to make it through. Coffee, Ingram, Richardson and company never complaint.

Scott Wright from Draftcountdown had this observation from Senior Bowl practices:

"Alabama C William Vlachos was arguably the least impressive guy at the weigh-in and while it wasn't always pretty today the guy was shockingly effective. Vlachos looks short and sloppy on the hoof but stays low and uses good leverage to win against bigger, more talented defensive linemen."
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote