View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012   #12
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15056 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Greg Cosell, NFL Films, first mock draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I have a lot of questions about this mock if he is really going off his projections than on insider info.
He's been extremely vocal about his methodology, all in his articles, on Twitter, and in his interviews.

He watches an exceptional amount of film, both NFL and college; evaluates the players and evaluates team needs; and then combines the two. He does not consider the players from a personal standpoint and considers no "inside information" from the teams.

So, if your perception of a player and Cosell's ranking aren't meshing, I'd maybe consider where your perception of the player derived from. Not to say that you're wrong, and Cosell certainly isn't perfect, but he's pretty good at what he does.

And, regarding Gilmore, specifically, and the CB's in general, Cosell was on 790 this morning and compared Gilmore to Woodson and Claiborne to Bailey. I don't know if he was being somewhat hyperbolic, or what, but it was some high, high praise.