View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012   #47
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How important is NFL draft to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I've yet to figure out why Goodell decided to move the draft to thursday and spread it out over 3 days. Seems like friday, saturday and sunday would have made more sense if he was dead set on changing it to 3 days.
Now THAT is a better idea. Friday should be the 1st round.

I just wonder if Goodell thinks the younger fans (the 18 to 30-yr-old crowd) will be out on the town and not near a TV.

On a Thursday night, your ass will be in front of a TV about 99% of the time throughout the year. I think it's the law of averages that made them choose Thursday night. What show on a Thursday night historically draws enough eyeballs of the NFL viewer demographic? None, IMO.

Goodell could really mess with people if he started the draft in reverse. Round 7 is first, on Thursday night, and you can only draft from a certain pool of players...saving the cream of the crop for Saturday's 1st round. LOL. Man oh man would heads explode.