Thread: Aussie Mock 5.0
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012   #6
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Aussie Mock 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
you've become a mock turning powerhouse, mate

Other than Potter (too late) all your picks are doable, meaning very realistic.

McCellen might not be worth the 26th pick but people will forget about it anyway in a couple years (except those in this draft forum). Versatility in a cap conscious environment is a compelling argument to choose a safe, multifaceted player like Shea but with Brooks/Barwin in fold & Mario gone I probably would address DE/OLB with a longer, fluid edge rusher. So with this in mind, my suggestion for you is Chandler Jones, Syracuse 6053 266. He has more talent, pedigree & fits Wade Phillips profile of what defines the OLB position made famous by DeMarcus Ware.

Quick is getting dinged for his lack of refined skills, he is what he is & Texan fans are more desperate for WR help than probably the FO. Of course it's hard to project trades but I think this is exactly what the Texans will do to address this position with a more developed, game ready counterpart to Andre Johnson. But Quick is a fine selection with the 58th pick.

Green is a flashy player. I'm still not over Dorin Dickerson he flashed in College too but injurys cost him a promising career. Also have flashbacks to Ben Joppru.

Like Center in 4th but in this order, Phillip Blake, Ben Jones, Michael Brewster. You know I would be buying a jersey with the name Brewster on it

Baptiste is projected later. Maybe someone with better length yet impossing size & athletic ability like Akiem Hicks, over three inches taller still 320 range which are plus measureables. He would address this need here rated 4th5th rd.

Like Potter, project him as a LG going forward. Would jump for joy to get him this late.

Bullock is not flashy, but solid & fills need. Would need to get off on the right foot.

Don't know anything about Conrath either. Can he block & play TE?

As Always Good ON You
one point at a time.

McClellin is the top rated player on my board at the time we pick.
Players like Jones i think will be gone before we pick.
Also i think McClellin is more suited to the role then Jones.
Jones is more fluid and finesse like but doesn't have the constant motor that shea has. Plus I'm worried about jones fast rise up draft boards. Why wasn't he mentioned before or during the season.

Yes quick is quite raw but as a 2nd rounder this dampens the risk a little.
No matter who the texans pick at WR i don't see any of them starting this year.
At least not in the first few weeks.
Thats why i don't think they'll pick a WR in the first, unless Blackmon or Floyd are there (i.e. nearly impossible).
Given this i think Quick has great upside and probably already has better hands then JJ. Obviously needs to work on his route running though. But his the only player of that size after round one that gets separation and is "quick" in and out of his breaks. his also very unique in the open space. loves utilising his B'Ball spin move.

I have Molk ahead of brewster and nearly equal to that of the other 2, but i love his mean streak and by reports he seems to be more of a leader, has a stronger football IQ and is very coachable. So thats why i take him ahead of the others.

Baptiste is a player who's mocked all over the place. Walter has a 4th round grade on him but PFW has a 6th round on him. I guess i could have slotted him in the 5th rounder for average sake but i think his still very talented so why not take him in the 4th. He will be worth it.

Nate Potter:
Walter has him ranked 13th of the OT and has him in the 4-5th round
ProfootballWeekly his ranked 16th as a 5th rounder
CBSsports ranked 16th among OT and has a 5-6 round grade on him.
I think his better then the prospects ahead of him but it might not be out of the realm that he lands in the 5th. Obviosuly its a crap shoot to determine exact spots in the draft especially done in the 5th but he has a 5th round grade so i stuck him in my mock in the 5th.

Check out Conrath i think he offers great value out of 7th rounder.
Generally not expected to make the team are 7th rounders but i think he could considering what the staff can mold with.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote