Thread: TK's Last Try
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TK's Last Try

I really like this draft for the Texans. McClellin fits with the all effort guys on the defense (Cushing, Watt, Barwin, Reed).

McNutt is really undervalued by the internet draft gurus. He's a former QB who has improved after every season at WR. He's got the perfect size for a WCO WR. I see a lot of Rod Smith in McNutt, and Kubiak loved Rod Smith.

Like the CB the Texans lost in free agency (Jason Allen), Hayward makes plays on the ball. He does what Kareem Jackson doesn't.

Mosley fits the Texans M.O. of going for OTs that transitioned from TE. He was pretty high on my list.

Iloka would probably be a value pick in the 4th round. Maybe not an urgent need, but just too talented to pass on.

Thompson is a former TE, turned DE, turned...TE? Born to be a Texan.

Molk could make the roster as a backup C. I would have looked for a guy who could play both OG and C. But those guys aren't always available in the 6th round.

Bullock is a very solid college kicker. Maybe not the best in the draft, but someone to compete with a cheap vet.

Very nice effort and a good job matching Texan tendencies.