View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012   #83
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Badboy, rmartin65 & beerlover Final 2012 Group Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I posted what was written on Rotoworld: http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7418/coby-fleener

I don't know what "second scout" you're talking about?
Here is the quote that Rotoworld quoted from:

1. COBY FLEENER Stanford 6-6 247 4.52 1-2
Reminded one scout of former Cowboy Jay Novacek. "The movement type guy - tough guy you can wham-block with," that scout said. "A smart guy with a real good feel for route running." Compared by others to Todd Heap. "You know, the vertical, big plays, catch the ball and run," said Dominik. "He's more of a long stretch tight end." Named by his mother after former Redskins T Joe Jacoby, whose jersey she spotted on TV. Came out of Joliet (Ill.) Catholic to start 16 of 51 games for the Cardinal, finishing with 96 catches for 1,543 yards (16.1) and 18 TDs. "He wasn't even the best tight end on their team," another scout said. "No. 11 (sophomore Levine Toilolo), that's the real deal. He might be the most overrated guy in the draft. He's awful as a blocker. Despite his workout numbers he's really not a quick-twitch, dynamic-moving guy. He's a straight-line, build-up player. All these reports about him being an athlete and this and that, they're assuming that because he ran fast. He's really just a red-zone, jump-ball player."
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...medium=twitter

Your quote and the remainder is taken from Milwaulki, Wisconsin Journal Sentinal. I think it is interesting that the negative scout said teammate Levine Toilolo is the better TE but the article said scout was quoted in has Fleener listed #1 and the other guy is not listed top 20 TEs.
To compare Fleener 2011: 34/ 667 19.6 avg 10 TDs
Toilolo 2011: 25/343 13.7 6TDs

These stats are why others have said that Stanford ran a very balanced offense.