View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 212249 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lucky's Texans Only Blind Draft (w/ UDFAs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Process question, at pick #99 all players before then were taken of the board?
Exactly. So I would delete the 1-98 players, and select from whomever is left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Allen: NFL ready? Here is what Rob Rang said:

average lateral agility, but has disappointing functional strength with very little push in the run game and poor hand use -- looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane...Has a sloppy body with a soft belly and very average arm length, not consistently extending his arms. A finesse blocker and lacks an aggressive, physical nature -- lack of strength exposed in the run game (not a mauler...on the ground too much

Rates as 77th best player overall.
What is it Rob? Does Allen look like Tarzan or does he have a sloppy body? And the non-aggressive Allen was tossed from a game last year for unnecessary roughness.

That ranking from Rang makes sense. I was picking off his board, and Allen was available at #58. Pro Football Weekly has Allen at #34, Draftcountdown at exactly #58. Allen is not a mauler, not an Adonis. He's a guy who gets the job done, the kind of guy that is available in the 2nd round. From Pro Football Weekly:

Quote:
A model of consistency on and off the field, Allen makes the game look easy and is one of the best pure pass protectors in this year’s draft, with unique balance, coordination and agility to warrant late-first-round consideration as a left tackle prospect. Versatility, football smarts and durability could allow him to start immediately and play at a high level for the next 10 years.
Regarding Washington, I could have looked at him in the 3rd. I don't think Blake is a fit in this offense. Same with Sanders, who would be a better fit in New England's spread were he's pass blocking most of the time.