View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012   #3
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hottoddie's 2012 Texan's Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I'm down with your reasoning and logic. Really like the Ellison pick (hope he's available in the 6th). What I don't get is trading up for Childs. He seems redundant to Hill, in that he's a long striding vertical threat. Except he's doesn't have Hill's speed and Childs was still recovering from a knee injury last season. At least that's what it seems like from his play. Maybe if he had some return ability (so the Texans could kick Jacoby to the curb). But Childs isn't a returner and would just battle Hill for playing time. Child's teammate at Arkansas, Joe Adams, would be more of a complimentary player and a better selection in this draft.
Thanks for the feedback.

Childs is looking like he's recovered from his injury. He ran a 4.41 40 at his pro day. The other thing is he's not afraid to go over the middle & while he might not have sprinters speed he does have the uncanny ability to change gears, fake the defender & take off with a burst. At the moment, he seems more suited for the slot position. Although, I can't shake this feeling of him reminding me of AJ without the great speed. He also had a 40.6" vertical at his pro day. The other thing is, if AJ goes down again, we still have the potential of two great starters on the field.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote