View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012   #75
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Badboy, rmartin65 & beerlover Final 2012 Group Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
One NFL scout suggested that Stanford TE Coby Fleener "might be the most overrated guy in the draft" because he doesn't block and is more of a buildup-speed threat as a pass catcher.

"He wasn't even the best tight end on their team," the scout said. "No. 11 (sophomore Levine Toilolo), that's the real deal. (Fleener) might be the most overrated guy in the draft. He's awful as a blocker. Despite his workout numbers he's really not a quick-twitch, dynamic-moving guy. He's a straight-line, build-up player." The scout may be being overly critical of Fleener, but his first-round buzz seems to have died down in recent weeks. Apr 22 - 3:15 PM
--------------------------

Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Worth noting Charley Casserly has echoed scout's eval of Fleener as "straight-line, buildup player" lacking "quick-twitch" athleticism.
Why didn't you post the comments from the second scout that was mentioned? Almost all mocks I've seen have Fleener in late first to top 8 or so of second.