View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL 2012 Trade Down Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Wouldn't mind trading back, just don't really care for some of the picks you have. I'd rather have Fleener than Wright, but I don't think either will be there at #32. Also, all those picks and not one QB! I think the Texans will draft a late round QB just for depth and development, even if they sign a FA later. They need arms for camp too.
I felt a need to hit on every pick with a player who could make the Texans 53 man roster & this QB class just doesn't fit that bill. Goode in the 7th would make the team, as would Adcock in the 6th & Rainey in the 5th. Three damn good player now who will develop into better players later in Houston. Texans will address QB next off season. They must resign Matt Schaub & look @ extending TJ Yates. I also feel a two year gap between Yates would be beneficial from a standpoint of timing future contracts. On the one hand gives you time to develop & evaluate prospect, while on other hand time to negotiate future contract. Not trying jump ahead to 2013 (but you should always be aware of prospects 1-2 years ahead) but I'm intrigued with EJ Manuel FSU. Seems like a pretty solid 2nd rd. prospect right now who could move up to end of first round with a solid senior season. That is more the type of athlete/QB I would be targeting next go around. Then of course you have Landry Jones who looks like a Matt Schaub wanna be.

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 04-21-2012 at 10:50 AM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote