View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012   #63
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Badboy, rmartin65 & beerlover Final 2012 Group Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think there will be more talented players than fleener on the board. And I honestly believe Casey is ready to be the second TE and play the role that a lot of people envisioned him playing. I'd much rather have casey on the field in the slot or as a second TE than fleener.

No one on the Texans has mentioned moving Casey back to TE. Don't see how having Casey and OD on the field at the same time would be better than having Casey, OD and Fleener.

IMO, there are players that will be available that can probably help the team more especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Don't necessarily disagree with their being defensive players available that could help more.

Who are my guys?

I'd rather have hill, worthy, mcclellin, Hightower, randle, wright, Gilmore, zeitler, Alshon in no particular order. Not to mention a trade down.

hill To big a gamble IMO
worthy is defiantly worthy
mcclellin My guy but the concussions scare me a little
Hightower defiantly
randle have him and Fleener tied as prospects but Fleener wins because of Schaub.
wright not rated as high as Fleener because of speed and height.
Gilmore can't see him lasting this long.
zeitler another one of my guys from the beginning. 10 year starter well worth the 26 pick.
Alshon wouldn't draft him before the 5th round. Too many issues.

I think if we are looking for another pass catching TE we'd be better served taking Ladarius green in the 3rd or 4th.

Maybe not a bad idea.

I think there are many reasons to not take fleener in the first.
I see many reasons why taking Fleener in the first would be a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think something people fail to look at when tey look at graham and gronk is who was throwing those guys the ball and the type of offenses those teams run.

First let me say that NE has ZERO influence on why I think Fleener would be a good pick by us. Now, I think some people are forgetting who our QB is, what his weaknesses are and how much we utilize the 2 TE set.

We are very balanced offensively so 1, a lot of those guys wouldn't get those same opportunities here and 2 schaub is good but he's no brady or brees.

Schaub is no Brady or Breeze thats for sure. He is one of the worst deep ball throwers when compared to any of the top 10 or 15 QB's. This is why we need someone like Fleener who can create miss matches in the red zone.

Give me Casey as the second TE and I'm good with what we have there.

Again NO ONE has said Casey is moving TE. Until then I'm going to assume he's not.

I actually like what I've seen out of graham too.

What the hell have you seen? He's had one catch in two years.

If we take a TE it shouldn't be until the 3rd or 4th at the earliest.
This is what is most likely going to happen.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote