View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012   #22
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How important is NFL draft to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Loved the old format... not so much on how it's going to be done moving forward.

Used to be wake up..start BBQing with friends...crack beer at first overall pick and start speculating until sundown. Repeat Sunday.
I have been following the draft since the days when you could only get the results on monday in the newspaper. I started having big parties on draft saturday when I was finally able to see it on ESPN. And then along comes Goodell. This guy is slowly ruining the game of football. Pretty soon the players will be wearing flags. When he moved the draft from saturday and sunday to thursday/friday/saturday he pi$$ed off a lot of fans. The draft was a much bigger event for fans than it is now. Now you can flip back and forth between the draft and your wife's favorite primetime show. Instead of an event that meant an all day party it is now a channel flipper for alot of fans that used to dedicate their entire saturday to it.

Of course I'm still a hardcore fan that watches all 3 days but the average fan got lost in the whole switch of days
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote