View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock: Final 2012 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Good questions!

1. I took Brooks becuase I view him as a starting caliber OG. Having a guy that big who can move well would be huge. He is strong enough to fight off the bigger DTs and NTs yet is not an immovable tub of goo. I see him competing for the starter's spot right now. Brewster is an excellent C. He was a 4 year starter at THE Ohio State. He has been good to very good for years. He too can push for starting time. Blake is a fine player and I don't want to take anything away from him. However, he really has only done it one year. He is a great depth player, but I am not completely sold he is a potential starter down the line. Again, he is a fine player, but I prefer getting two guys who I believe are starting material.

2. Guy is a great pick, can't argue with it. Martin, Guy, and Taylor would all be great Safety prospects. I happen to like martin more, but I would be thrilled with Guy or Taylor as well.
Please read the following as slightly more than one year:

2009 (Sophomore): Starter at right tackle for all 12 games during sophomore season in 2009, earned first letter... One of 11 Bears to start all 12 games in 2009... Earned coach's grade of 82 percent on season... Totaled 76 knockdowns in 12 games.

2010 (Junior): Starting center in all 13 games, one of eight players to start every game... Named honorable-mention All-Big 12 by league coaches and Associated Press (earned third-team midseason All-Big 12 honors from Phil Steele)... Anchored o-line that ranked third in Big 12 and 24th nationally in rushing (194.6 ypg) and fourth in conference in sacks against (1.54 per game)... Totaled 82 knockdowns on season and received coach's grade of 81 percent or higher in 11 of 13 games... Had season-high nine knockdowns and earned 85 percent grade in win over Buffalo in second game... Earned top grade of 88 percent in three games, all wins, at Kansas (eight knockdowns) in fifth game, at Colorado (season-high nine knockdowns) in seventh and vs. K-State (eight knockdowns) in eighth... Moved to center from right tackle during spring drills.

2011 (Senior): Starting center in all 13 games, one of nine players to start every game... Named first-team All-Big 12 by league coaches, Fort Worth Star-Telegram and Waco Tribune-Herald and second-team All-Big 12 by multiple media outlets (AP, Dallas Morning News, Yahoo!/Rivals.com, Kansas City Star, San Antonio Express-News, Phil Steele)... Named to Yahoo! Sports' All-Bowl team and ESPN.com's All-Bowls team following performance in Alamo Bowl win... Anchored o-line that ranked second nationally in total offense (587.1), fourth in passing offense (351.5), fourth in scoring offense (45.3) and 10th in rushing offense (235.6)... Totaled team-best 96 knockdowns on season and received coach's grade of 82 percent or higher in 11 of 13 games... Graded out at team-best 85.8 percent in 13 games...Had at least seven knockdowns and graded out at 86 percent or higher in each of first three games... Earned top grade of 91 percent in two games, both wins, vs. Stephen F. Austin (eight knockdowns) and vs. Texas (season-high 10 knockdowns)... Graded out at 88 percent with eight knockdowns in Homecoming win vs. Missouri, 88 percent with seven knockdowns in game 10 win vs. No. 5 Oklahoma, and 88 percent with nine knockdowns in game 11 win vs. Texas Tech... Coach's grade (91 percent) and knockdowns (10) vs. Texas in game 12 win both season highs for any Baylor offensive lineman... Earned 88 percent grade and had 10 knockdowns in win over Washington in Alamo Bowl... Preseason All-Big 12 selection by Blue Ribbon, Rivals.com, Sports Illustrated, Lindy's, Phil Steele and Athlon Sports... Named first-team All-Texas in Dave Campbell's Texas Football preseason publication.