View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012   #16
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock: Final 2012 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
As much as I too wish for a defensive prospect with Texans first round pick, you must also come to grips with idea Kubiak will target a WR or Fleener adding to his receiving core. He will project somebody to be a starter, who that is right now is anyone's guess? Heading into last week & home stretch of pre-draft hype my pick is still in process & could actually wind up a guy I've often dismissed because he hasn't developed or blossomed into a dominant prospect like one originally projected, that's Rueben Randle, LSU.

Texans are known for surprise picks, fact he ran faster @ his pro-day than expected reminds me of when Kareem Jackson ran his 4.49 forty surprising many, but confirming to Texans he was worth the 20th selection. Both underclassman. If he turns out to be Hakeem Nicks, taken #29th in the 2009 draft who became the best WR in that class despite being the 5th one selected.

Otherwise this is a truly outstanding mock
Thanks BL! I really have no clue where the Texans will go. There are no obvious holes on the team. Many of us think WR is a hole, but Kubes and the gang really seem to like JJ. He may not feel the need to go and get a 1st round WR. I think this may be the year where a 1st rounder is not an immediate starter.

I think Kubes has also realized something important: Wade saved his butt last year. Without Wade the Texans D looked uninterested and complacent. With Wade, the D looked ferocious and inspired. If I were Kubes and Smith, I would do what I could to keep Wade inspired and happy, and that would mean to let Wade make the first pick(and if he did I think it would be McClellin). Keeping Wade happy will keep Kubes and Smith in a job.

That said, I agree with you that the Texans likely will go with a reach WR like Reubans or perhaps Fleener. But, as you said, the Texans make surprise picks all the time. So, maybe, just maybe they will listen to me

Thanks for the kind comments!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote