View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012   #27
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Network State of the Texans

I am not in favor of trading down.

If we were coming off a bad year, building something new that required extra picks (like we did when we installed the ZBS scheme and traded down in order to get Brown and Slaton) then I understand a trade down.

But there will be several 1st round-quality players that slip to #26 for us to stay where we are and get TRUE quality at #26. I firmly believe it.

If not, and the best guys on the Texans' radar are gone...then "Yes" a trade down and grab extra ammo would be smart. But I just think we're going to have 1, or 2, or even 3 or 4 guys left for us at #26 that we can pick and be good to go with.

We will not take a QB, nor RB, CB, DL, K, P. I think at this point it's safe to say the first round pick will be either a TE, WR, OL, LB and a very outside shot of S. Fleener at TE, if he's there, is my pick. It makes Owen Daniels expendable after 2012 and gives us quality TE material for the future. It's the safe but smart pick by a mile, IMO.

It's the type of pick teams like the Patriots make at the back end of round 1. It should be against the law for us to get a TE like Fleener at #26 with the type of offense we have. If he's there, it's dumb to pass on him.