Thread: Stephen Hill
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012   #205
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Stephen Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Instead of creating a new thread on Randle, I thought I would just add my observation in this one.

In week 3 vs Miss. St. there was an incompletion in which Randle made a cut to the outside around the 15-16 yard mark. The ball was thrown at 27 yards just outside the number. Clearly, there was a mis-communication; I don't know whose fault that was, the QB or the WR.

In week 4 vs. W. Virginia (I'm still watching this game), Randle made a cut to the outside between 6 and 7 yards. This is similar to a play where Hill was criticized for rounding out his outside route. I've said that it is not abosultely necessary for a receiver to make the cut at 5 yards on a quick out; I've seen playbooks that call for the cut at 6 and even 7 yards. Whoever it was that complaint Hill was a poor route runner needs to mark Randle as one just the same.

Later on, Randle dropped an easy pass in the end zone.
Randle made the cut to the inside somewhere between 7 and 10 yards (TV angle wasn't all that good).
The safety stepped up such that Randle was wide open (the CB was concentrating on the outside).
It's unclear whether Randle let the ball too close into his body or what, but the analyst proclaimed that the ball was right on the money.

These type of comments, and others I've read, are the reason why I'm not sold on any of the WR's at #26, whether it be Hill, Wright, Randle, Jeffreys, or anyone else. I'm just not sold on any of them. They all have questions about their game that could make them a "boom or bust" type player. That's why I'm hoping the Texans go after an OLB in the 1st, like McClellen, or another position, instead of WR. Then pick up a WR in the 2nd or 3rd, like Marvin Jones or Toon, which are a better value IMO.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote