View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012   #43
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Badboy, rmartin65 & beerlover Final 2012 Group Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Blackmon, Floyd and Wright all have a better shot at being our #1 WR than Fleener has at starting TE. They tore up the college level. Something Fleener has not done.

Fleener had 34 freaking catches in 13 games last season. If he is so HUGE and FAST then tell me why his stats are so weak? Stop trying to boast him as an all world TE because he is not. He is becoming one of the most overrated prospects in this draft due to Gronk and Hernandez in NE. Not to mention, Gronk went in the 2nd round and Hernandez in the 4th.

Bottom line Fleener is a luxury pick with Daniels and Graham on the roster.
Difference is Fleener was productive in a fairly conservative offense at Stanford. I would compare his ability to a guy like Stephen Hill. Freakish athletic ability, but in an offense that doesn't fully utilize it. Luck is also great at ball distribution.

To me I think his production is ok, but what I am really looking at is this: OD and Graham don't create physical mismatches the way Gronk or Hernandez do and never will. They are the more typical old school TE, which I don't have a problem with. Fleener is going to create mismatches in the NFL.

Of the 3 WRs you mentioned obviously we're not going to have a shot at the first two, and Wright is a Desean Jackson clone. I'm not saying that's a bad thing by any means, but he just doesn't have the size to be a true #1 like AJ.

For comparison sake:

OD's # last year: 54 677 12.5 34 3

3 TDs for an elite TE?

His backup:

Joel Dressen 28 353 12.6 6

Half the yards and catches...but double the TD production?

Coby Fleener 34 667 19.6 10

A little over half the catches, but a whopping 20 yards per catch, I'd say that's big play ability. Not to mention even with that low reception count he had the EXACT amount of yards and still eclipsed BOTH our top two TEs in TD production.

For giggles Jacoby Jones our #3

16 10 31 512 16.5 2
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote