View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012   #82
texanchris
Veteran

Rep Power: 3782 texanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL last Texans Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
26. Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech, 6040 215
Texans settle on a tall, fast downfield weapon to compliment Andre Johnson. Clean on & off the field, good work ethic, fundamentally sound/willing blocker ability to stretch a defense to tempting for Kubiak who wants to keep the box from compressing & running lanes open up for Foster/Tate.

58. Chandler Jones, DE/OLB, Syracuse, 6053 266
Wade Phillips replacement for Mario Williams. Big, long who has a quick first step & could project in Phillips defense as OLB. Could also add 30 lbs to his long, rangy frame & develop into a 3-4 end. However my wager is he wants to develop his pass rushing ability into a Mario Williams clone.

76. Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State, 6035 311
RT starter day one, forget about Caldwell being anything but quality depth behind Myers & this guy Amini Silatolu (say that fast three times). Aggressive, nasty attitude to clear holes in running game for Foster/Tate. Also has LT experience so decent in pass pro as well. A beast!

99. Josh Norman, CB/FS, Coastal Carolina, 6002 197
Has the size Texans like, talented physical player to replace departed free agent Jason Allen. Josh is a ballhawk with great intincts. Could wind up being a steller FS behind Manning & will learn from playing with him that should help raise consistency in all phases of his game.

121. Donald Stephenson, OT, Oklahoma, 6054 312
Ideal tackle prospect who is athletically gifted, ran a sub 5.0 sec forty (4.94). Replaces Butler as Texan swing tackle as Rashad moves to starting RT. Both him & Duane Brown will be free agents next year so getting a quality OT prospect to develop now a must after also losing Eric Winston. No telling if Butler can last a whole 16 game schedule after missing entire season last year.

161.Chris Owusu, WR/KR, Stanford, 6001 196
Could be a steal here if he medically checks out from assorted concussions he suffered during season. Has blazing speed, with exceptional return skills thus filling two positions. He ran a 4.36 @ the combine which is the same as #1 pick Stephen Hill. Was Andrew Lucks favorite target before taken out for the season & the Stanford Cardinals lost a key element to what was their explosive offense, ability to stretch the field.

195. Bradie Ewing, FB, Wisconsin, 5116 240
Got to have me some Badger in this mock. Well coahced & schooled in blocking schemes, excellent in pass pro. If you want to spend a draft pick on a lead blocker for Foster this is your guy, can penetrate the hole quickly, paved way for one of the most impressive RB's I've saw last year in Montee Ball. Foster would really like this pick, protect your investment.

233. David Paulson, TE, Oregon, 6032 246
In the mold of Joel Dreessen, a blocking TE with reliable hands who keeps plays alive downfield with his smarts & willingness to sacrifice his body. He is a plug & play guy who fits perfectly in Kubiak system. Think I've had him in every mock I've done (by myself) so hoping somebody in Texans reads this?
I'de be very happy with this mock. Probably one of my favorites that I've seen so far. Addresses all our needs and i like the players taken. Im starting to like Hill more and more and i think he would be a good fit here and can potentially be our #1 wr later on.
texanchris is offline   Reply With Quote