Originally Posted by WolverineFan
1. Have no problem at all with the Fleener pick. Would give the offense great versatility in the passing game and would really help out in the redzone. He needs to work on his blocking, but I think he's worth the pick.
2. Not a fan of taking Quick if he's the only WR we take. He needs to be developed a bit and I would prefer a guy who can come in and contribute now. If we only take one WR and it's in the 2nd then give me Marvin Jones. Guy will be the #2 in week 1 and for years to come.
3. Good pick with Lewis because we do need to add another pass rusher. That said, I think he's gone at this pick. Won't get outta the 2nd IMO.
4. I do agree that we need to address the Center position at some point soon regardless of re-signing Myers. Blake is a good pick though I'd prefer Molk.
4. I think it's early for Adcock here although I see the logic behind the pick. Could be your swing tackle and compete with Butler at RT.
5. Fantastic pick with Lindley. If there's one guy in this draft that I could take late and develop it's him.
6. Once again, I see the logic behind this pick but I'm meh on drafting Kickers. That's just me though.
7. Not a fan of this pick because I think Wade's proved what he wants at NT and this is not it. I have no doubts that he would adjust his style if we had someone like Kitchen, but I don't see us intentionally going out and grabbing him.
Overall, good stuff. With a few minor changes I'm a huge fan.
Thanks for your compliments and your faithfulness in giving us honest feedback that we do listen to. On Lewis, we were also concerned he might be gone but our research led us to believe he should be there. Blake is a center that eliminates concern that Myers could go out and we'd have to depend on Caldwell (shudder) but he can also challenge for RG. If he beats out Caldwell @ RG, that is one less FA we have to worry about after the season. We should see instant benefits from a conditioning coach. Molk is good but don't see him as an OG. You should maybe evaluate which would fit better in Texans high octane passing game in ZBS, a Baylor center or Michigan?
Adcock may be there later but when you have 9 point buck in your sight, pull trigger. Don't keep looking for a 10 when the 9 could be on someone else's tag. Same with Bullock. Could be a UDFA but if he is, what guarantee you offering he will sign with Texans? An Aggie may be smart enough to go for more money elsewhere. lol
Again, thanks for your feedback.