View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012   #52
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19403 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Trade Up BIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Floyd gets a real high grade as well, 9.57. A sure fire top 20 pick probably top 15. A lot of you guys reasoning is based more on the fact there is an outside chance, Texans could move up enough to select him & that is why y'all have convinced yourself Floyd is a better prospect.

It would be a slightly less costly deal to move up with say Philadelphia if he slides to #15. Rick Smith has already done the DeMeco deal with them so they might be tempted to want those picks back? Basically, to swap first round picks & move up from #26 to #15 Rick Smith would have to give Eagles back their 3rd #76 + 4th #99 round picks.

Eagles were semi-loaded with picks before trading to address MLB, by trading down they have addressed this need & retained those picks for dropping 11 spots in the first round. I project them to be selecting an OL anyway, so there is better value, less cost @ #26 for them & one of these two might be available, Jonathan Martin or Mike Adams.

Kinda hurts Texans draft despite grabbing Floyd. Texans would have only a late pick in every round & no third. However the idea is the same, to address WR with a legitimate, proven talent ready to contribute immediately.
im not one of these people.
i have been following him for 2 seasons at ND and for me his just that good.
He projects best to the NFL, i have never seen him drop a catch, his route running is stellar (admittedly his a little sluggish in break in and out but thats normal for a guy his size) and he has great measurables. Im not at all worried about his off field troubles.
He can makes plays after the catch.
His not projected to be c.johnson or larry fitz but his an AJ type receiver.
case in point his a BEAST!
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote