View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012   #36
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50351 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65 2012 Final Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I have to disagree on the blocking thing. From what I have seen, Fleener is a much better blocker than Green, and has proven it against better competition.

Also, Fleener has WR ability. He wont be used much as a run blocker, just enough to keep teams honest. Every offense has its own wrinkles. A weapon like Fleener can be an incredible wrinkle.

Dont think of it as TE vs. WR. It is weapon A vs weapon B. And Fleener wins in every single category against whoever you want to match up against him at 26.
Eh, agree to disagree. Fleener looks like a 6'10" tackle when blocking, uses a ton of reach and pitter patters his feet with little push but never gets under the pads or gets his own pad level down. Anyone with a swim move makes him look ridiculous. Green is marginally better but I'd still take him over Fleener.

As far as WR ability, Green has shown much more, they typically lined him up as a WR at Lafayette, I'd say much more so than Fleener. Fleener was the benefactor of an insanely good college qb prospect plus some fairly jukie 7 OL sets.