View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012   #33
texanchris
Veteran

Rep Power: 3783 texanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65 2012 Final Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
"Just read..." dude gtfo. I don't base my opinions on what others blindly state. He's a better blocker than Fleener, although not lightyears, and about the same offensive threat. What I said is that if you're strictly going off of pass catching and mystifyingly lining up a TE as a WR as you suggested (oh no, crazy new concept) there's a crap ton more value addressing this in the 4th round.

How many plays do you think we'll target Fleener or Green? 11? 9? Probably more like 3-4 with the majority being run plays. You don't draft a tall TE without WR capability at #26 when his primary role in our WCO (blocker) will be his achilles heel.
I agree, i think the texans would be better off drafting Green in the 3rd because he is the better blocker and has a pretty high ceiling. If we draft him in the 3rd then we can address our primary needs (wr, olb, ol,) in the first and second round and still get a guy at the tight end position who can block and catch.
texanchris is offline   Reply With Quote