View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012   #32
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65 2012 Final Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaky View Post
Thing is, Green is not even better at blocking than Fleener. Just read pretty much every report on Green, they basically knock him for his blocking.

http://nfldraftgeek.com/ladariusgreen.html
Not very strong at all. Needs to bulk up and hit the weight room
As of now, blocking is a liability. Will not be used much as an in-line blocker
Not strong at the point of attack, pad level is too high
"Just read..." dude gtfo. I don't base my opinions on what others blindly state. He's a better blocker than Fleener, although not lightyears, and about the same offensive threat. What I said is that if you're strictly going off of pass catching and mystifyingly lining up a TE as a WR as you suggested (oh no, crazy new concept) there's a crap ton more value addressing this in the 4th round.

How many plays do you think we'll target Fleener or Green? 11? 9? Probably more like 3-4 with the majority being run plays. You don't draft a tall TE without WR capability at #26 when his primary role in our WCO (blocker) will be his achilles heel.