View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012   #93
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre-draft visits

Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0sb0b View Post
So, whatya think about these guys? Love 'em? Hate 'em? Intrigued?

Mario Louis, WR, Grambling State
I kind of like this guy's versatility and it looks like he can actually catch the ball. If we're grading on a curve (in other words, compared to Jacoby Jones) this guy could be a late round home-run. UDFA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kGBy4pNSEgA

Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
This guy was rated the #2 tackle in the draft prior to the combine and then his stock fell. I've seen him mocked late in the first all the way to late in the second round. Looks to me like a solid run-blocker, could possibly start at right tackle or at least provide support at swing tackle. Round 1-2

Brandon Brooks, OL, Miami-Ohio
Wasn't invited to combine but his draft stock is rising rapidly. This guy could bench press a truck and he's predicted to fit well into a zone scheme. Rounds 2-4

Bruce Irvin, LB, West Virginia
Could be a gifted edge-rusher but he's very raw. This position has a high bust factor. Rounds 3-4

Mychal Kendricks, LB, California
I gotta say I'm intrigued by this guy. Played outside and then played inside in the 3-4. Good coverage skills, fastest time at combine for LB in 12 years. Kind of small for ILB, but so is Sharpton. Rounds 3-5

Lavonte David, LB, Nebraska
Considered more a Will 4-3 prospect but a good one. Not much of a pass rusher but good coverage skills, small. Rounds 2-3

Derek Wolfe, DL, Cincinnati
Pegged as a high motor player best-fitted as a 5-technique in a 3-4. Sound familiar? Rounds 2-3

Jerel Worthy, DL Michigan State
Possible fit as 5-technique minus a few pounds or in rotation as a Phillips-style NT. Rounds 2-3

Lionel Smith, DB, Texas A&M
Round 7-UDFA

Jeremy Lane, DB, Northwestern State
Round 6-UDFA
I've seen these guys play, some more often than other; maybe I'll start looking at them more closely now.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote