View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012   #88
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Meet With Prospect ______, 2012 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Brian Quick looks like a beast on film. I think he would be a better player than Jacoby and Walter from day 1 even coming from a small school.

He looks like he does a lot of things really well...Catches in traffic, gets seperation, and he is a east after the catch...

Is he worth an end of the first round draft pick?

I wouldn't mind it at all.
If the guy is a hit, then they are always worth a draft pick IMO. I don't really care about the perceived reach so much as the actual production of a player. It only matters when they don't work out for you

As for Quick, he's moving up boards all over the place. A couple months ago he was thought to be a 3-4 round guy, but now it seems he will be at mid-2nd rounder. The question is, can the Texans trade back 15 spots or so and pick up a 3rd and still get him? Say Seattle wanted to give us #43 and #75 for #26 to jump up and get a guy like Fleener, Worthy or Perry. Could we still get Quick at 43? I think so, but I also think he may be there at 58. At this point I expect him to be taken somewhere around 40-60.

It would also be cool to have back to back picks in the 3rd

Another potential trade partner would be Dallas who really really needs a center. I expect Konz to be there at 26, but probably won't fall past Baltimore or Green Bay.