Thread: New Mock
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
This is the part of your mock I don't get. These picks seem to be redundant. Two big, raw receivers that don't compliment each other. As TimeKiller suggests, dropping one and going o-line would make more sense. I prefer Quick, who seems to be the stronger athlete. Though Streeter has the deep speed the Texans say they are looking for.
That's a fair point.

My thinking though is to take two guys and hopefully one pans out. I like both of them, and I think they could help the team in different ways. Streeter is a guy that can take the top off of the defense and make the tough long catches, but he's also pretty good in the red zone and finding open holes underneath zone coverage. Big body, good athlete.

I like quick simply because, like you said, he's more strongly built and could probably do more to help from day 1.

But you are right in that they don't compliment each other and it's not likely that the Texans will take two receivers like that if they are planning on having Jacoby on the team next season.

I think that these picks along with Rainey would maybe make Jacoby dispensable depending on how things shook out during camp and pre-season. And I'm not a Jacoby basher, but I'm just unsure about him and his future here.

Quote:
On the other hand, I really like the Rainey pick. Can play in the slot, a 3rd down RB, and a returner. Very versatile with big play potential in the mid round area. I just wonder if Kubiak will go for another Holliday type player (though I think Rainey is the superior football player).
Yeah, I really like Rainey. He was productive in college as well. I think he could come in and play in spots and immediately be a boost to special teams.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote