View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012   #34
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Badboy's 2012 final mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
thanks, man. Yes we do seem to differ quite a bit on Martin but that's alright it would be a boring world if everyone agreed all the time

I see Mike as an undersized, quick as snot, run defender who's pesky style & hand to hand combat like wrestling skills serve him well. First he has a thick trunk, low built & close to ground build which helps him out leverage & get under blockers pads, thus winning most "in the phone booth" battles. Second, 64 tackles from interior linemen means he is pretty dang active in run support. 6 tackles for loss indicates he does get some penetration along with his 3.5 sacks Senior year, 10 sacks for his career @ Michigan. Third is his work ethic & non-stop motor which we see typifies a Wade Phillip defense.

In summary to find better & more immediate interior help it would require Texans to spend a higher pick. Which I have no problem with. But for the money & value as a third round pick ready to rotate inside as a rookie in the NFL I think he is a bargain here.
I can respect that, though I would like to point out that 60+ tackles don't tell you WHERE those tackles were made. Total tackle numbers IMO are always skewed as making a tackle doesn't always imply a win for the defense. I could be wrong, I believe I looked at it a few months ago when Martin started his climb up the ranks around here, Michigan isn't a highly regarded defensive team, especially against the run. I'm going to have to check that later though, I'll see what I can find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I live in Big 10 country, and have watched Martin a couple of times a year the last 4 years. He is the last thing from a workout warrior.
Maybe that's too harsh but he IS completely maxed out and only at 3 bills. Personally, just me, IMO, etc. I think y'all have him overrated by a round or two. If he really was the complete package y'all have him pegged for, shouldn't he be going 2nd round at the latest?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote