Re: TigerV1's Mock 4/11/12
1. Hightower, you will make some guys here very happy with this pick but I'm not one of them. I don't think the Texans value the ILB spot that Demeco had this highly. Remember this ILB spot will rotate out of the game on passing downs and with Demeco that was about 50% of all defensive snaps. So your 1st round defensive pick will be on the sideline watching half of all defensive snaps.
2. Curry, I know BB really likes him but I'm just not that familiar with Curry and I question the level of competition he faced in college.
3. Criner, I like this pick. He's got size and athleticism.
4. Wolfe, if available this is a great pick.
4. Streeter, he's falling on most boards and although he's got great potential he's also a big time project, but he's worth the risk down here. Good pick.
5. Miller, I think we can do better at OG, Millers' height will be an issue. He'll have difficulty getting his pad height down low enough to prevent defenders getting under him and standing him up.
6. Provo, I don't know anything about him. I'd take Bullock here.
7. Frederick, I don't know anything about him either but we've already got lots of young CB's on the roster. What's he going to do that McManis, Carmichael, Harris, McCain, and Jackson can't do.
You've got the right positions, a few good players, and a few good picks. Not bad for a first attempt.